Be Totally Fit for Life! invites you to join our #COMMITYOURHEART Movement mobilizing Christians and Churches to take care of their hearts for effective service to God, family, and community. Sign up to join this challenge. Get moving and begin eating healthy to take care of your physical heart. Go deeper in your relationship with God through Bible memorization and prayer, while strengthening family bonds and connecting in your community. Commit your heart to the Lord physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually, and the Lord will strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him (2 Chronicles 16:9) Visit our Facebook group for encouragement, accountability, and fellowship!
We have #COMMITYOURHEART Challenge Gear for churches, ministries, and individuals. Coming to our Webstore store soon! #COMMITYOURHEART T-shirt, mug, water bottle, or hat. Products will be added to motivate yourself and others to commit your heart to the Lord in all ways. For church and ministry groups, ask about group pricing, pledge cards, and ideas to implement #COMMITYOURHEART in your organization.
Join our Facebook Group to share what you are doing and how God is blessing you in this endeavor. Participation is free. PLEASE, GET YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDER’S APPROVAL BEFORE BEGINNING ANY NEW EXERCISE.
Pastors and Ministry Leaders
It is absolutely FREE to join this movement! It doesn’t matter when you begin #COMMITYOURHEART in your church or ministry, but the best months are January, February, September, and October. For use of our logo, you must register and ask to receive permission to use the logo in your bulletin, website, social media, and advertising. A reproducible pledge card template is available for your organization’s use. You must use the #COMMITYOURHEART Movement in all of your correspondence and social media posts relating to this challenge. T-shirts, hats, water bottles, and mugs may be ordered in large quantities, email us.
Have participants go to our Facebook page to share their victories, struggles, and more relating to the #COMMITYOURHEART Movement. We want to cheer them on!
Ideas for Churches, Ministries, and Christian Leaders to join this Movement:
- Simply ask permission to use the #COMMITYOURHEART logo (the logo may not be altered in any way, only resized) for advertising and communications. Get our free template to make pledge cards for each person participating to sign to encourage accountability. Pray over each pledge and person every day from February 1 to March 1. You can also set your first day and end day 30 days later. This challenge can be set in motion any time in the year, but January, February (our focus on heart health month), and September are excellent times to begin. You might prefer the beginning of Spring, like April or May, to have Praise and Prayer walks with prayer stations.
- Set up a kick-off with Prayer, healthy treats, and fun activities for people of any age to do. Encourage families to participate together. Some ideas are old-fashioned games like 4-Square, Potato Sack Races, and more.
- Set Walk Breaks during your workday. If it is too cold or rainy to walk outdoors, walk the hallways in your building. Designate someone to lead the rest. Begin in prayer Committing Your Heart to the Lord. Sing upbeat hymns or praise choruses or play Praise and Worship music as you walk at a moderate pace. Do consider some of your staff’s limits by having a designated person hang back with those who are slower or have health problems.
- Encourage your members to have healthy great tasting healthy foods at your gatherings. Have a group of people who love eating healthy make idea cards for easy, low-cost, tasty treats your congregation to pick up after service. Instead of donuts, offer fresh cut fruit, raisins, and other nutritious treats with the coffee, tea, and water station. Please, refrain from promoting fad diets.
- Spend time praying over people in your congregation who have had heart attacks, strokes, and other heat-related illnesses. Be encouraging and supportive of them as they begin rehab after hospitalization.
- Pastors and Ministry Leaders, set the example! Take care of your heart by doing heart-healthy cardiovascular exercise. Let your congregation members know you are in your gym or rec center by simply saying, “Hi!” to them when you see them.
- Have the people in your church or ministry use the #COMMITYOURHEART in their social media posts about their workouts and healthy eats.
- Start health and fitness ministries in your church.
- Allow exercise classes that are clean and God-honoring have space and time in your gym or a fellowship hall. Please, refrain from having Yoga or Tai Chi groups in your church as they are rooted in Hindu and Buddhist beliefs, even though some that claim to be Christian. If you want help evaluating these, contact us. A safe health and fitness organization with exercise classes is PraiseMoves.
- Begin basketball, baseball, softball, or soccer leagues as an evangelistic outreach in your community.
- Get cycling and running groups started. My church has Team Woodside, for example.
- Start a walking group with a designated leader.
- Host Healthy Lifestyles 12 Week Focus Group to keep the momentum going improving health and losing weight while improving relationships and keeping faith in your church. We have group leader training available, simply contact us.
A number of ideas are possible that you can use to promote healthy Christian living in your churches and communities.